Stripped Bare is so named because this is about theatre at its core. While we value all of the artistry that stage design brings to full productions, a Stripped Bare project is not about sets, lights, props, costumes. It is about actors, words, passion, movement and ideas.
Have a great project in mind and just need somewhere to get it off the ground? Consider applying for Stripped Bare, an arts incubator project for innovative projects by emerging artists.
Here’s what we have to offer:
• 1-3 days in our space
These are 8 hour days (MAX). You can do 1-3 performances. Any rehearsal or tech time (although remember – BARE) is included in this time.
• 1 technician for all of the time you are in the space
• 1 producer and/or facility manager for all of the time you are in the space
• 1 house manager for each performance
• 1 box office staffer for each performance and advance box office staff
**Remember that there will be no tickets sold for Stripped Bare performances, but people need to call and reserve their tickets ahead of time.
• Concessions stand run by Synchronicity staff
• Support material packets to maximize your use of social media created by our publicist
• Marketing support:
- 1 eblast to our full patron list
- 2-3 social media postings
- 1 Press Release (for the entire year of projects)
- Inclusion on the Stripped Bare page of our website
- A ‘how-to’ page to help guide you in the promotion of your project
What we can not provide:
Again, we’re hoping in the future to build grant support for this project, but for now – all funds to produce the show must be raised/provided by the artist/s. We’ll handle all the hard costs for the items above and the space.
All the marketing OR all the audience
See above for what we can provide.
We’re happy to help advise and provide resources, but it is up to you to pull the project, artists, contracts, royalties and any other necessary components together.
We can only offer the up to three 8-hour days in the space. Any other rehearsal needs are on you.
• Early-career (have at least one paid, professional credit on your resume, but have not originated/created more than five projects in a professional setting)
• Lead artists must be “early-career” by our definition, but supporting artists can have any level of experience
*With your application you will need to submit the resumes of any artists on the project.
Email complete applications to Project Coordinator Emma Calabrese at email@example.com. If you have any questions or difficulties with this application, reach out to Emma Calabrese at this email address or by phone at 404.974.3291.
Project selections will be announced in mid-September.